Energy – it’s something most of us crave. And while most of us know what energizes us – such as eating right, staying hydrated, being active, getting enough sleep, etc. – wouldn’t it be great if we could elevate our energy levels with a simple, ‘magic’ shot? Well now you can!
Vitamin B12 is a naturally occurring vitamin found in animal products like fish, eggs and meat. Here is what Vitamin B12 does for your body:
- Helps produce red blood cells;
- Aids in mental clarity and acuity;
- Keeps nerves healthy by aiding the production of the fatty tissue surrounding your nerves, which protects them from damage;
- Works to help manufacture Serotonin, which is one of the chemicals produced in your brain that helps you remain positive and feel good;
- Helps to metabolize fat and protein, thereby creating more energy.
But what about B12 injections for weight loss?
As we get older, those extra pounds seem to become more and more difficult to take off, especially in problem areas such as the stomach, hips and thighs. People who have tried to lose weight know how difficult it is and they often begin looking for a quick fix to take the pounds off. This includes everything from juices that claim their special formula will take ten pounds off in two days to pills that are supposed to encourage weight loss by blocking fats from food you consume.
Vitamin B12 contributes to weight loss by helping metabolize fats and proteins. As a result, more energy is produced, translating to weight loss for the patient.
Some patients may actually experience a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Signs of low B12 levels can include:
- Sore tongue;
- Tingling/numbness in your fingers and toes;
- Difficulty walking;
- Mood change;
- Memory loss.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms – or just want to provide a boost to your weight loss program – call our office today to schedule an appointment for a B12 injection.