If you’ve been suffering from excessive perspiration and embarrassing sweat stains on your clothing, Botox might just be your perfect solution! Yes… you heard us right… we said Botox!
What is considered to be “excessive” sweating?
Hyperhidrosis is the medical term for excessive sweating, which affects both men and women. Approximately 3% of the population has overly active sweat glands.
How can you determine if you’re in that percentage? Consider these questions:
- Do you change your clothes frequently throughout the day due to perspiration?
- Do you keep an extra supply of clothes, deodorants, powders or towels to help you manage your excessive sweating throughout the day?
- Have you ever tried special or prescription antiperspirants in an attempt to lessen your underarm sweating?
- Do you find yourself constantly worrying about sweat stains?
If your answer was yes to more than one of these questions, consider yourself to be a part of the 3%.
What’s the concern with excessive sweating?
Excessive sweating creates a number of problems:
- Sufferers are limited to types of fabric, styles and colors that will hide moisture and dry quickly;
- Dry-cleaning bills are sky-high;
- There’s no way to measure the amount of embarrassment, frustration and awkward moments they experience;
- When meeting someone, they’re concerned that they’ll notice the sweating stains;
- Sufferers have to have a change of clothing with you at all times.
What can you do about excessive sweating?
One word: Botox. When clinical strength antiperspirants just don’t work, Botox is an FDA-approved treatment option.
Here’s the inside information on Botox and sweat prevention:
How much does the treatment cost? The price range is dependent on the severity and size of the areas being treated.
How long will Botox control my excessive underarm sweating? For the reduction of excessive sweating under the arms, you can typically expect the results to last 3-6 months. Treatment will significantly decrease sweating under the arms, and in many cases perspiration is reduced by over 90%.
Does the procedure hurt? The Botox injections are relatively painless, especially when a topical numbing cream is applied prior to treatment.
If you consider that you may only have to get Botox twice a year to free yourself of excessive sweating, it’s an affordable treatment option. Imagine being able to wear anything you want and avoid those embarrassing moments; then call our office today to schedule a consultation!